BlueSky Auto Finance Review
Finding an auto loan when you have credit problems can be a headache, but there are options out there, including BlueSky Auto Finance. BlueSky is an online lending platform that specializes in helping people with no credit or low credit find an auto loan. You may be approved here, but bad credit car loans are often expensive, so it’s important to do your homework. Here’s more on BlueSky Auto Finance and some other options that may suit you.
How BlueSky auto loans work
- APRs starting at 3.99%
- Loan amounts up to $40,000
- Terms from 24 months to 72 months
BlueSky offers loans for new and used cars through lenders in its network, including those that work with borrowers who have poor credit or have even been through bankruptcy. BlueSky works with two types of lenders: direct lenders and “buy here, pay here” dealerships. If you accept a loan offer from a direct lender, you could buy a car from any franchised car dealer in your state. If you accept an auto loan from a “buy here, pay here” dealership, you would have to buy one of its cars.
BlueSky Auto Finance also offers loans to refinance a vehicle you already have. However, you and your vehicle will have to meet certain criteria:
- Minimum $1,800 per month income
- No open bankruptcies
- Vehicle must be 8 years old or newer
- Vehicle must have 100,000 miles or fewer
- Loan amount must be $8,000 or greater
Pros and cons of BlueSky auto loans
Here are some additional highlights and downsides to a BlueSky auto loan.
- Poor credit welcomed. BlueSky’s network of lenders works with borrowers with less-than-stellar credit or even past bankruptcies.
- No fees. BlueSky doesn’t charge borrowers any fees, but the lender might. Read all of the fine print before agreeing to any loan terms.
- BBB accreditation. BlueSky Auto Finance is accredited by the Better Business Bureau, but has only received a single review on the platform as of publication.
- High rates. APRs offered by buy-here-pay-here lots may be especially high, the cost of doing business with salespeople who promise guaranteed financing without a credit check.
- Limited inventory. If you accept a loan through an individual dealership, you’ll be restricted to one of its vehicles.
How to apply for a BlueSky auto loan
You could start by filling out a form on the BlueSky website. BlueSky would then share information with potential lenders about the type of car you’re seeking, as well as personal details including:
- Residence type, how much you pay for housing and how long you’ve lived there.
- Employment information including contact information and gross monthly income.
- Social Security number, birthday and estimated credit score.
If you’re approved, a lender will contact you within 24 to 72 hours with details about a loan offer, including amount, term, APR and down payment. Loans are offered in all 50 states and Washington D.C. You could go here to check the status of your application.
There are other ways to contact BlueSky:
- Call: 800-258-9759 between 7am and 4pm PST on weekdays
- Email: [email protected]
- Write to: 231 Market Place, Suite 747, San Ramon CA 94583
You don’t have to accept a loan offer. If you don’t like the payment or APR you’re offered, don’t sign the paperwork. Most loan offers expire within 30 days from the time you receive them. When you do want to accept a loan offer, follow through with the paperwork to sign for the loan and the car you want.
It may feel like you don’t have many options when your credit is poor, but there are lenders offering bad credit auto loans. And no matter your credit profile, it’s important to shop around. You could apply to lenders directly or fill out a single form at LendingTree and receive up to five offers from lenders, depending on your creditworthiness.
BlueSky Auto Finance also offers to help you find auto insurance. Again, BlueSky isn’t an insurance provider, but an insurance broker. It could provide multiple quotes from car insurance companies from which to choose.
BlueSky car warranties
BlueSky and the lenders it works with may offer you an auto warranty. You do not have to accept it or pay a fee for the quote. Be careful with extended auto warranties: they can cost a lot and cover very little. Here’s how to find the best extended car warranty if you would like one.
Is a BlueSky auto loan worth it?
BlueSky Auto Finance might be good for those who have no credit, poor credit or blemishes on their credit history. Bad-credit auto loans can be expensive with APRs as high as 20% for those with deep subprime credit.
BlueSky Auto Finance might not be the best for those who have good credit. If you don’t have problems with your credit history, you may be able to find lower auto loan rates from other lenders.