Work in Charleston
Work in Charleston
Southern charm meets historic flair
Known as one of the top tourist destinations in the world, Charleston offers a great mix of food, fun, recreation and history that’s sure to keep you entertained, well-fed and yearning for more. Did we mention the gorgeous weather?Find Jobs in Charleston
Discover the things that make South Carolina great.
- Get out on the water A coastal city, Charleston offers plenty of opportunities to get out on the water. Take a harbor tour. Rent a kayak. Cast your fishing line. Go sailing. Or, simply go for a run in the Battery, the city’s waterfront park.
- Tour paradise Want to get away from the bustle of the city? Easy! Folly Beach, the Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island and Kiawah Island are all within driving distance of Charleston. Don’t forget to check out beautiful Beaufort, a historic area named by Southern Living as the South’s best small town in 2017.
- Step into the past Charleston is home to a bevy of great museums and historic landmarks. The city exudes history — from its iron gates, cobblestone streets and magnificent architecture to historic spots like the Old Slave Mart, Fort Sumter, Rainbow Row and the USS Yorktown, a World War II air carrier turned museum docked in nearby Mount Pleasant.
- Eat to your heart's content Charleston is a world-renowned food city. It’s not hard to find flavorful cuisine that include delicious Lowcountry favorites and yummy, diverse culinary creations.
- Bask in the art scene Take in a show at the historic Dock Street Theatre. Get your groove on at The Commodore jazz club. Find the next painting for your wall at any of the city’s 40-plus art galleries. Or, enjoy a night of poetry organized by The Unspoken Word or Poetry Society of South Carolina.
- Have fun with the family Got kids? Charleston is a family-friendly city filled with parks, ghost tours, a fire truck museum, horse carriage rides and the South Carolina Aquarium, which includes a two-story ocean tank teeming with all sorts of sea life and a cove area for toddlers.
- Shop the best brands If you ever need retail therapy, you’re covered. Malls, shopping centers and one-of-a-kind boutiques abound. The city is also home to a thriving small-business community that includes artisans who make and sell merchandise you won’t find anywhere else.
- Enjoy the weather With mild winters, breezy springs and balmy summers, Charleston’s climate is one of its most-desirable attractions. The weather is so pleasant year-round, you’ll never want to leave.