Work in Sacramento
Work in Sacramento, CA
Live your best life in California’s City of Trees
Dubbed the City of Trees, Sacramento is California’s capital and offers a rich blend of entertainment, exceptional food choices and agricultural beauty. Like lakes and rivers? This city’s got you covered.Find Jobs in Sacramento
Come work in Sacramento
Discover the things that make Sacramento great.
- Live affordably Although the cost of living in Sacramento is still higher than the national average, it’s much lower than many major metro areas in California. That’s why the city has seen such a big population boom over the last few years — it’s pretty affordable by California standards.
- Relish the beautiful weather Tired of frigid temps come January? Winters in Sacramento are mild, and it rarely snows in the city. The summers can be balmy but keep in mind that humidity in California is nowhere near as intense as it is in other places. A dry, steamy summer may not be as unbearable as you might expect.
- Laze at the lake Sure, Sacramento is no coastal city but that doesn’t mean there’s no water to enjoy. The city is home to several rivers and freshwater lakes, such as the Sacramento River, Folsom Lake and the American River Parkway, a stretch of land and river that includes more than a dozen parks and makes for the perfect spot for boating, fishing, rafting and hiking.
- Brush up on your history One of the benefits of living in a state capital is the opportunity to learn all about that state’s history. You don’t have to be a history buff to enjoy landmarks like California’s First Passenger Railroad or the California State Capitol Museum. Don’t dig museums? Run in Eppie’s Great Race, the world’s oldest triathlon.
- Take a fun getaway Sacramento is centrally located, meaning it’s not too far from the beach, mountains or wine country. San Francisco, Napa, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Park and Lassen Volcanic National Park are all within a few hours of the city. Just plan to leave early so you avoid the traffic jams.
- Have fun with the family There’s no shortage of age-appropriate activities for the entire family. Between the Sacramento Zoo, Funderland, Fairytale Town or ArtBeast Studio, neither you nor the kids will have time to get bored.
- Savor the cuisine Sacramento is an up-and-coming food city and leads the pack when it comes to the farm-to-fork movement. Because it’s located in one of the most agriculturally-rich regions of the country, the city has access to farmers markets galore and fresh and tasty ingredients.
- Explore the art scene Want to find arts and culture? You’ll find plenty here. Catch a Broadway show at the Community Center Theater. Marvel at any of the city’s 650 murals. Be moved by the Sacramento Ballet or Sacramento Opera. Looking for an emotional outlet? Sing your heart out with karaoke at the River City Saloon or laugh till you burst at the Laughs Unlimited comedy club.