Fly often? Credit cards can get you a variety of perks to make your travel experiences more enjoyable. From first class upgrades and airport lounge access to cost saving cancellation fee coverage and travel credits, we’ve broken down the best credit cards for your travel needs.
Best Intro Bonus Potential
With a bonus potential of 50,000 points after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card has one of the best bonus offers in the industry. Worth $625 in travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Reward®, that’s enough to get a free first class flight. Cardholders also receive two points for every dollar spent on travel and dining and one point for all other purchases. Chase also offers industry leading trip cancellation insurance and delay reimbursement.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Premium Travel Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Trip Delay Reimbursement and more
Best Ongoing Rewards Rate
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers unlimited two miles per $1 spent with no category restrictions. Earning rewards is simple since you don’t have to worry about how many miles your purchase will earn. There is also a huge introductory bonus offer of 40,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening. That's basically a free trip just for signing up and using the card for three months. Rewards are even redeemable for cash value.
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, every day
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 40,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months of approval, equal to $400 in travel
Best No Annual Fee
Most cards charge a premium to earn rewards, but the BankAmericard Travel Rewards® Credit Card has no annual fee and even has 0% APR on purchase for 12 billing cycles. Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent without category restrictions, and your points don’t expire. You also earn 20,000 online bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days, which can cover $200 in travel purchases.
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases, then 15.24% - 23.24% Variable APR
- 20,000 online bonus points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days - that can be a $200 statement credit toward travel purchases