Blue Cash Preferred® from our partner, American Express
Cash Back Rewards
Cash Back Rating:
- 6% Cash Back On U.S. Supermarkets (On your first $6,000 in spend, annually)
- 3% Cash Back On Gas
- Welcome Offer: Get up to an additional $150 back (after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months)
In a Nutshell:
Phenomenal choice for cash rewards: The Blue Cash Preferred handily won our comparison of high-paying cash back cards, and is one of our favorite rewards cards.
The Blue Cash Preferred Card pays 6% cash back on your first $6k in spending at US supermarkets (a feature that can be worth $360 in cash back on all its own if you spend the full amount). It also pays 3% cash back on gas spending and 3% cash back on select department stores, including Sears, Kohl's Nordstrom and many others. The card always pays an unlimited 1% cash back on all other spend.
Finally, for those who spend $1,000 in the first 3 months they have the card, the card will pay an additional $150 welcome bonus in the form of a statement credit. When you add it all in, we estimated in our cash back card comparison that the average user* would earn over $600 in cash rewards during the first year using the card, a truly staggering number, and hands-down the most in the comparison group. The card also offers a 12 month 0% intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers (after paying a 3% balance transfer fee), making it one of the most incentive-loaded credit cards we've ever reviewed.
Get up to 6% Cash Back
0% Intro APR on purchases and transfers for 12 months
- Earn $150 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Everyday Cash Back: 6% at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%); 3% at U.S. gas stations; 1% other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. You can only earn cash back on eligible purchases.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, currently 13.49% to 23.49%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Terms Apply.
- Cash Back
- Intro Bonus
- Cash Back
- Intro APR
- Intro APR Period
- Annual Fee
- Balance Transfer Fee
Fees and APR
- Intro APR: 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers.
- Purchase APR: 13.49%-23.49% Variable, depending on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Annual Fee: $95
Apply on American Express’ secure website
This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.
*Average user calculations can be found here.
Get up to 6% Cash Back at US Supermarkets on up to $6,000/year in purchases
0% intro APR on purchases and transfers for 12 months