Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card
Earn Unlimited 1.25 Miles Per Dollar On Every Purchase, Every Day With No Annual Fee
Apply on Capital One’s secure website
In a Nutshell:
Unlimited reward rate of 1.25 miles per dollar of spend, no blackout dates on travel redemption. 20,000 mile thank you intro bonus, 0% intro APR add up to one of our top rated no-fee travel rewards cards.
12.74% - 22.74% (Variable)
Enjoy a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months, equal to $200 in travel.
Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card is one of our top-rated travel cards which don’t charge an annual fee. The card pays a strong 1.25 miles per dollar spent, which is among the best rewards rate offered on a no-fee travel card. Perhaps most attractive is the flexibility cardholders have when redeeming rewards for travel.
There are no blackout dates, and miles do not expire, allowing cardholders to use their rewards in the manner and time of their choice. Cardholders can book travel through any booking engine or travel agent when redeeming miles, and can even redeem miles to partially pay for flights or other travel costs, with the balance of the price paid for in cash. This can allow those who don’t spend a massive amount of money on their credit cards to still use their rewards regularly to receive real value.
The Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card also offers a nice introductory thank you bonus. New cardholders who spend $1,000 total during the first three months will earn a 20,000 mile bonus, which can either be used to pay for a free flight, or simply to pay for part of a flight or a hotel stay. The approximate value of the bonus is $200, which is not bad for a card charging no annual fee. As a final benefit to new cardholders, the card also offers 0% intro APR on purchases 12 months.
Summary: The Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card is one of our top rated no-fee travel rewards cards, and we recommend it to those who want a travel rewards card, but do not spend enough money each year on their cards to justify a card which charges a fee, but may pay a higher rewards rate.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within 3 months of approval, equal to $200 in travel
- Earn unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase, every day and pay no annual fee
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Enjoy a low intro APR on purchases for 12 months; 12.74%-22.74% variable APR after that
- Travel when you want with no blackout dates
- No foreign transaction fees
- Miles don’t expire and there’s no limit to how many you can earn
- Redeem miles for airline tickets, hotel rooms, car rentals, brand-name merchandise, gift cards, and more.
- Redeem for travel two ways: either by contacting the Capital One Rewards Center or by using your card to book your own travel online, over the phone or in person.
- To determine the number of miles you'll need for your travel, multiply the cost of your travel purchases by 100 (e.g., if your ticket costs $200.00, you'd multiply that by 100 to determine that you need 20,000 miles to redeem).
- Redemption rates for cash, gift cards, brand-name merchandise, and more vary and are subject to change without notice.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: None.
- Purchase APR: 0% intro APR 12 months; then 12.74% - 22.74% (Variable).
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.74% - 22.74% (Variable)
- Balance Transfer Fee: $0.
- Terms and Conditions
Apply on Capital One’s secure website
This content is not provided by Capital One. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Capital One.