BankAmericard® Credit Card
0% Intro APR on balance transfers made in the first 60 days for 18 billing cycles
In a Nutshell:
Simple, straightforward card that is great for balance transfers.
The BankAmericard® Credit Card is one of our favorite cards due to it’s extended 0% APR intro offer on balance transfers. The card offers you 18 interest-free “billing cycles” (why Bank of America operates its billing periods as cycles rather than months like everyone else, we’ll never know) when you transfer a balance from another card onto this card in the first 60 days. This can be a powerful weapon when paying off your credit cards as you’ll have essentially a year and a half in which all payments made will go toward paying down your balance.
While the card does not charge any annual fees, like most transfer-oriented cards, it does charge a balance transfer fee of 3%, or a minimum of $10. So be sure to factor this into your savings calculations. Nevertheless, paying 3% for 18 billing cycles of 0% interest is a deal we recommend, especially if you’re paying typical credit card interest rates on your current cards.
Beyond the long 0% intro offer on balance transfers, the BankAmericard® Credit Card does offer a few other benefits to be aware of. Once the interest free time of 18 billing cycles is up, the rate charged by the card is the lowest offered by any BankAmericard product. This can be helpful in the scenario where you don’t pay the entire card off during the intro period.
At the end of the day, this card is a no-frills balance transfer specialist. If you’re looking to save as much interest expense as possible by transferring your balance to a card offering the longest 0% intro APR terms, you’d do well to consider the BankAmericard® Credit Card.
- 0% Introductory APR for 18 billing cycles for balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then 11.74% - 21.74% Variable APR
- Balance transfer fee of either 3% of the amount of the transfer or $10 (whichever is greater) applies
- No annual fee
- Saves you more on interest when you transfer balances from higher rate credit cards
- $0 Liability Guarantee, so you're not responsible for any fraudulent charges made on your account
- Access your FICO® Score for free within Online and Mobile Banking
- If you apply for a card over the phone and are approved, our representatives can transfer your balance over the phone
Fees and APR
- 0% Introductory APR for 18 billing cycles for balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then 11.49% - 21.49% Variable APR.
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3% of the amount of each transaction or $10, whichever is greater.
- No annual fee
- Purchase APR: 11.49% - 21.49% Variable APR.
This content is not provided by Bank of America. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Bank of America.
11.74% - 21.74% Variable APR on purchases
0% Introductory APR for 18 billing cycles for balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then 11.49% - 21.49% Variable APR.