NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE PURCHASE OF ANY GOOD(S) OR SERVICE(S) WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PERSONAL LOAN APPRECIATION EVENT (the “Event”) IS SUBJECT TO FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS AND LAWS AND VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED.
THESE PERSONAL LOAN APPRECIATION EVENT OFFICIAL RULES (these “Rules”) ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR (AS DEFINED BELOW) AND GOVERN YOUR ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT.
- Sponsor. The Event is sponsored by LendingTree, LLC (“Sponsor”). Sponsor may be contacted at 1415 Vantage Park Drive, Suite 700, Charlotte, North Carolina 28203 and 855-759-1906. Employees of Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and all advertising agencies, printers, promotional agencies and families of each involved in this Event are not eligible to participate or win the Event.
- Odds. The odds of becoming the Winner (as defined below) depend on the number of eligible Entries (as defined below) received by Sponsor during the Event Period (as defined below).
- Event Period. The Event begins on August 16, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. and ends on September 19, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (the “Event Period”). All Entries (as defined below) must be received during the Event Period. Sponsor’s computer (or that of its designee for this Event) is the official time-keeping device for Entry into the Event. For purposes of these Rules, all times and days are Eastern Standard Time.
- Eligibility. To be eligible for the Event, an individual must meet all of the following conditions:
- be 18 years of age or older at the beginning of the Event Period;
- be a legal resident of the United States of America (including the District of Columbia), but excluding Delaware, Florida, Michigan and North Dakota (the “Event Territory”);
- open and complete registration of an online account at Sponsor’s website lendingtree.com during the Event Period; and
- close on a Personal Loan (as defined below) during the Event Period.
Each individual that meets all of the foregoing conditions will be considered an “Entrant” hereunder, and will be deemed to have submitted one “Entry” to the Event. ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY PER INDIVIDUAL WILL BE ELIGIBLE. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, undelivered, or misdirected Entry information. Upon submission, all Entries (subject to each Entrant’s rights in his or her personal information) shall become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Definition of Personal Loan. For purposes of these Rules, the term “Personal Loan” shall mean a loan for personal, family or household purposes: (a) from a national bank, federal savings association, state-charted bank or savings association, federal or state-chartered credit union, state-licensed consumer finance company or any other similar lending institution licensed to make consumer loans under applicable federal or state laws; and (b) that allows the borrower to determine the consumer related purposes for which the loan will be used (including, for example, debt consolidation, credit card refinancing, home improvement, vacation and moving or relocation expenses). For purposes of the Event, Personal Loans do not include any advances or draws on credit card accounts. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, whether a particular loan is considered a Personal Loan that is eligible for the Event will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Verification of Loan Closing. Sponsor will verify whether an Entrant has closed on a Personal Loan as required by these Rules based on reports obtained from one or more credit reporting agencies of Sponsor’s choosing. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor’s determination of whether such Entrant has closed on a Personal Loan is subject to the accuracy of the information included in the reports received by Sponsor from the relevant credit reporting agencies, and consents to the foregoing uses of such information. Each Entrant further acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor has no obligation to verify or otherwise confirm that the information contained in any credit report is accurate or complete. NONE OF SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR ITS AFFILIATES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITS OR THEIR RELIANCE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY REPORT OBTAINED FROM A CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY.
- Warranties and Consents. By completing and submitting an Entry, each Entrant represents and warrants that (a) as of the beginning of the Event Period, Entrant is at least 18 years of age and a resident of the Event Territory; (b) Entrant has read, and agrees to be bound by these Rules; (c) based on these Rules, Entrant is eligible to participate in the Event; and (d) all of the information provided as part of Entrant’s Entry is accurate, does not violate any third party’s legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity), and otherwise does not violate applicable law.
- Winner Selection. The winner of the Event (the “Winner”) will be selected in a random software-enabled drawing, to be conducted within seventy-five (75) calendar days after the end of the Event Period, from all Entries received by the Sponsor that meet the eligibility criteria specified in Section 4 (Eligibility) above and otherwise set forth in these Rules.
- Prize Details. The Winner will receive a one-time, cash prize of five thousand U.S. dollars (USD 5,000.00) (the “Prize”). The Prize may be delivered to the Winner by check, gift card or money transfer, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner Notification. The Winner will be notified via telephone and/or email within five (5) business days of selection, and will be given instructions on how to claim the Prize. Three (3) attempts will be made to contact the Winner within a five (5) business day period following the initial attempt of notification. If the Winner fails to respond within such five (5) business day period, or if an e-mail attempt is consistently returned as undeliverable, or if a selected Winner cannot accept or receive a prize for any reason, or if he or she is not in compliance with these Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. The Winner has five (5) business days after acceptance to take delivery of the Prize.
- Affidavit of Eligibility. The Winner may be required to execute and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”), where permitted and applicable, within ten (10) business days of notification. By completing, signing and returning the Affidavit, the Winner (a) releases and forever discharges Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective advertising and promotional agencies from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising out of participation in this Event or to arise by use of the Prize; and (b) confirms compliance with these Rules.
- Awarding of Prize. The Prize is nontransferable, non-assignable, non-negotiable, and not redeemable for credit. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right (but has no obligation) to substitute the Prize (or a component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the Prize is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Winner is solely and fully responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, assessments and expenses associated with the Prize award, redemption, receipt and use, including all federal, state and local taxes on the Prize. The Prize will be awarded only upon successful verification that all Event requirements have been met, including eligibility, age and other claims of or information provided by the potential Winner. Unused components of the Prize shall be forfeited. The Winner must take delivery of the Prize within thirty (30) days of notice of availability from Sponsor or the supplier of such Prize, at a time and place specified by Sponsor or the supplier of such Prize. The Winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a Prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem the Prize, if any.
- Taxes. The value of the Prize will be taxable to the Winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. The Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each Entrant should contact his or her own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Event constitutes each Entrant’s (including the Winner’s) consent to Sponsor’s (and its designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of such Entrant’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, comments, city, state and country of residence for promotional, marketing or publicity purposes in any manner or media (including online, in print or through any other media now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, compensation, consideration, notice, review or consent.
- Indemnification. By entering the Event, each Entrant agrees to forever release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Sponsor’s parent companies, managing agents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their related parties, and each of the foregoing entities’ respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of each (collectively, the “Released Parties”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, OR DOWNLOADING OR ACCESSING OF ENTRY MATERIALS, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED HEREIN, ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY PARTIES OTHER THAN THE SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH A PRIZE AWARDED, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO, LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT). Each Entrant further covenants not to sue Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties and hereby acknowledges that neither Sponsor nor any Released Party has made or is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Event or any prize.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, a credit reporting agency, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Event; (b) technical failures of any kind, including malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in the Internet, phone lines, or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Event; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Event or the processing of Entries; (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an Entrant’s participation in the Event or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize; or (f) undeliverable emails. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Event at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- Disputes. Each Entrant, including the Winner, agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Event or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state and federal courts located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Event, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will an Entrant, including the Winner, be permitted to obtain awards for (and each Entrant, including the Winner, hereby waives all rights to claim) indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to A PARTICULAR ENTRANT. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants, the Winner and Sponsor in connection with the Event, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, United States without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
- Termination; Modification. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Event by any event beyond its control, including compromised integrity of the Event, infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, or if causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of this Event, Sponsor reserves the right to, within its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Event. If Sponsor elects to abbreviate the Event as a result of such an event, Sponsor may award the Prize from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of such event. In no event will more prizes be awarded than stated in these Rules.
- General Conditions. Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Event or to be acting in violation of these Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Event, to void entries for any reason, including: (a) multiple entries from the same individual from different IP addresses; (b) multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the Rules; or (c) the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Proof of Entry. The Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning Entry. Proof of submitting Entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Winner List. To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Rules, an individual may mail his or her request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Sponsor at the address listed above. All such requests must be received by Sponsor by the end of the Event Period. A copy of the Winner’s name will only be made available in response to any such requests after the Winner has taken delivery of the Prize.
LendingTree Advertisement Disclosure (last updated December 17, 2021):
LENDINGTREE, LLC IS A MARKETING LEAD GENERATOR AND IS A DULY LICENSED MORTGAGE BROKER, AS REQUIRED BY LAW, WITH ITS MAIN OFFICE LOCATED AT 1415 VANTAGE PARK DRIVE, SUITE 700, CHARLOTTE, NC 28203, TELEPHONE NUMBER 1-800-555-8733.
For a current list of applicable state licensing and disclosures, click Licenses and Disclosures
or call for details.
LendingTree, LLC NMLS Unique Identifier #1136; AL Mortgage Brokers License #8694;
AK Mortgage Broker/Lender License #AK1136; AZ Mortgage Broker License #0902469;
AR Mortgage Broker License #24441; CA Department of Financial Protection & Innovation, CA Financing Law License #6037234; CO Mortgage Company Registration Regulated by the Division of Real Estate; CT Mortgage Broker License #4164 – MORTGAGE BROKER ONLY, NOT A MORTGAGE LENDER OR MORTGAGE CORRESPONDENT LENDER; DE Broker License #010996; DC Mortgage Broker License #MLB1136; FL Mortgage Broker License #MBR1298; GA Mortgage Broker/Processor License/Registration #12989; HI Mortgage Loan Originator Company License #HI-1136; ID Mortgage Broker/Lender License #MBL-893; IL Residential Mortgage Licensee #MB.0005433; IN-SOS Loan Broker License #1136; IA Mortgage Broker License #741; KS Mortgage Company License #MC.0002279; KY Mortgage Broker License #MB17994; LA Residential Mortgage Lending License #189; ME Loan Broker License #1136; MD Mortgage Lender License #4737; MA Mortgage Broker License #MB1136 – LendingTree arranges but does not make loans; MI 1st Mortgage Broker License #FL0016258, 2nd Mortgage Broker Registrant #SR0016259; MN Residential Mortgage Originator License #MN-MO-40127258; MS Mortgage Broker License #1136; MO Mortgage Company License #21-1261, 727 N. First Street, Suite 310, Saint Louis, Missouri 63102; MT Mortgage Broker License #1097; NE Mortgage Banker License #1517; NV Mortgage Company License #1698, NV Bus. ID NV20051235630, Las Vegas Bus. License # P50-02291;NH Mortgage Broker License #14208-MBR; NJ Residential Mortgage Broker License #0801779 – LendingTree does not make mortgage loans or commitments or fund any mortgage loans; NM Mortgage Loan Company License #00395; NY - LT Technologies in lieu of true name LendingTree, LLC, Registered Mortgage Broker – NYS Department of Financial Services License #RMB 203926 – LendingTree arranges mortgage loans with third-party providers; NC Mortgage Broker License #B-113401; ND Money Broker License #MB100817; OH Residential Mortgage Lending Act Certificate of Registration #RM.802159.000, 37812 2nd Street, Willoughby, OH 44094; OK Mortgage Broker License #MB002490; OR Mortgage Lending License #ML-1862; PA Mortgage Broker License #20298; RI Loan Broker License #20062113LB; SC Mortgage Broker License #MB-0504600, SC Branch Location NMLS ID #234375; SD Mortgage Brokerage License #MB.00027; TN Mortgage License #109266; TX SML Mortgage Company License, NMLS ID #1136, Mr. Shan Guo Residential Mortgage Loan Originator #300978, 11500 State Highway 121, Ste. 410, Frisco, TX 75035; UT DRE Mortgage Entity License #5489470-NMLC; VT Mortgage Broker License #0055 MB; VA Mortgage Broker License #MC-1052; WA Mortgage Broker License #MB-1136; WV Mortgage Broker License #MB-20020; WI Mortgage Broker License #2630BR; WY Mortgage Broker License #838.
Advertised Terms and Information
- The information and disclosures above relate to advertised terms made by or through LendingTree.
- Interest rates and terms are from a lender or lenders with whom LendingTree may match you and that offer the particular product. The disclosures are current as of the date indicated.
- LendingTree is not a lender in any transaction and does not make loans, loan commitments or lock-rates. All credit decisions, including loan approval and the conditional rates and terms you are offered, are the responsibility of the participating lenders and will vary based upon your loan request, your particular financial situation, and criteria determined by the lenders to whom you are matched. Not all consumers will qualify for the advertised rates and terms. APR may be in lieu of rebates or incentives. Dealer participation may affect consumer cost.
- FICO score means the FICO credit score report that a lender receives from a consumer reporting agency.