Small Business Grant ProgramAPPLY NOW Learn About Business Loans
Applications must be received by October 1, 2021
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Played annually in Mobile, Alabama, the mission of the LendingTree Bowl is to showcase the city of Mobile, advance tourism and economic impact, and provide educational and athletic opportunities to youth, while providing a cultural and exceptional bowl experience to collegiate student-athletes, administrators, and fans.
This year’s bowl is slated for December 18th, 2021, and as a new initiative, LendingTree will be selecting five (5) small businesses to highlight for recognition beginning in late October. Of these five (5) finalists, two (2) small businesses will be selected as winners to each receive a $10,000 grant award.
The selection committee for the five (5) finalists and two (2) winners will consist of representatives from LendingTree, the city of Mobile, and the Bowl office. Each finalist will be announced and highlighted by LendingTree through a variety of LendingTree’s platforms. Please note that timing and platforms of communication for the highlights (i.e., press release, social media) are subject to change and will be communicated beforehand to each finalist.
Winners will be selected based on responses in the Grant Application with specific focus on the answers to the questions: (1) Why are you applying for the LendaHand Small Business Grant? (2) How do you intend to use the grant funds if you are selected as a winner?
LendaHand combines the impact and efforts of the LendingTree Foundation, LendingTree's Corporate Citizenship, and employee engagement. Through our strategic community alignment and by leveraging our expertise within our pillar areas, it is our belief that we can achieve our community commitment, which is to be a force for good in our communities and to make a real difference in individuals' lives.
As part of the bowl experience, we are excited to announce the launch of the LendaHand Small Business Grant Program. Small businesses located within the city of Mobile, with less than twenty-five (25) full-time employees, are encouraged to apply using the Grant Application below. Please pay close attention to the requirements and program parameters listed in the application and here on the landing page to ensure eligibility.
TIMELINE & RULES
Application Window (Aug 30th - Oct 1st):
- Application window opens Monday, August 30th at 12:00am EST
- Application must be received by Friday, October 1st at 11:59pm EST regardless of manner of submission
- LendingTree will accept applications only during the application window. Only one submission per applicant is permitted
- Applications must be submitted via website, mailed, or delivered to 1000 Hillcrest Road, Suite 115, Mobile, AL 36695
- Winners will be selected based on the responses in the Grant Application with specific focus on the answers to the questions:
- Why are you applying for the LendaHand Small Business Grant?
- How do you intend to use the grant funds if you are selected as a winner?
- Five (5) finalists will be selected on or about Friday, October 22nd
- Of the 5 finalists, two (2) winners will be selected as grant award recipients
- Each top winner will receive a $10,000 grant award in addition to being highlighted by LendingTree
- Winners will be selected on or about Friday, October 22nd
- Businesses must be located within the city limits of Mobile, AL
- Businesses should have 25 or less employees, including the owner
- Businesses should have been in operation for no less than one year with two years preferred
- Preference will be given to women, minority, and veteran owned businesses
- Non-profit organizations, liquor stores, check cashing agencies, gun shops, pawn shops, and adult entertainment enterprises are not eligible.