Small Business Grant ProgramAPPLY NOW Learn About Business Loans
Applications must be received by September 30, 2022
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Played annually in Mobile, Alabama, the mission of the LendingTree Bowl is to showcase the city of Mobile, advance tourism and economic impact, and provide educational and athletic opportunities to youth, while providing a cultural and exceptional bowl experience to collegiate student-athletes, administrators, and fans.
This year’s bowl is slated for December 17, 2022, and, for the second year in a row, LendingTree will be hosting the LendaHand Small Business Grant Program as part of our commitment to expanding economic opportunities in Mobile, Alabama. We will select four (4) local small businesses as winners. Each winner will receive a $10,000 grant award and will be announced and highlighted by LendingTree through a variety of LendingTree’s platforms.
The selection committee for the four (4) winners will consist of representatives from LendingTree, the City of Mobile, and the Bowl office. Please note that timing and platforms of communications for the highlights (i.e., press releases, social media) are subject to change and will be communicated beforehand to each small business.
Winners will be selected based on responses in the Grant Application with specific focus on the answers to the questions: (1) Why are you applying for the LendaHand Small Business Grant? (2) How do you intend to use the grant funds if you are selected as a winner?
LendaHand combines the impact and efforts of The LendingTree Foundation, LendingTree’s Corporate Citizenship, and employee engagement. Through our strategic community alignment and by leveraging our expertise within our pillar areas, it is our belief that we can achieve our community commitment, which is to be a force for good in our communities and to make a real difference in individuals’ lives.
Small businesses located within Mobile County, with less than twenty-five (25) full-time employees, are encouraged to apply using the Grant Application below. Please pay close attention to the requirements and program parameters listed in the application and here on the landing page to ensure eligibility.
TIMELINE & RULES
Application Window (Aug 15 – Sept 30):
- Application window opens Monday, August 15 at 12:00 a.m. EST.
- Application must be received by Friday, September 30 at 11:59 p.m. EST regardless of manner of submission.
- LendingTree will accept applications only during the application window. Only one submission per applicant is permitted.
- Applications must be submitted via website, mailed, or delivered to 1000 Hillcrest Road, Suite 115, Mobile, AL 36695.
- Winners will be selected based on the responses in the Grant Application with specific focus on the answers to the questions:
- Why are you applying for the LendaHand Small Business Grant?
- How do you intend to use the grant funds if you are selected as a winner?
- Four (4) winners will be selected as grant award recipients.
- Each winner will receive a $10,000 grant award in addition to being highlighted by LendingTree.
- Winners will be selected on or about Friday, October 21.
- Business must be located within Mobile County, AL.
- Business must be attempting to provide services or do work in Mobile County, AL.
- Business must have 25 or fewer employees, including the owner.
- Business must have been in operation for no less than one year with two years or more preferred.
- Preference will be given to women, minority, and veteran owned businesses.
- Nonprofit organizations, liquor stores, check cashing agencies, gun shops, pawn shops, and adult entertainment enterprises are not eligible.
- Undersigned individual applicant must be listed as owner in public records or provide documentation at time of application that they are authorized to enter into loan agreements.
- LendingTree makes no assurance that assistance will be provided to any given business regardless of eligibility. Factors such as available funding and number of applicants will determine selection.
- Grant Application must be submitted in accordance with the Timeline and Rules listed above.
- Any business receiving funding MUST complete a W-9 form prior to receipt of funding.