After running the numbers, our survey results from renters and first-time homebuyers can also help you decide whether to rent vs. buy.
- 74% of renters in our survey would prefer owning a home if they could afford it.
- 60% of renters reported that they like renting because they don’t have to worry about maintenance.
- 55% of renters reported being satisfied or very satisfied with renting their home.
- 59% of first time homeowners mentioned that building equity in their home was one of their favorite things about buying a home.
- 58% of first time homeowners compared financing offers to get the best deal on buying their own home.
- 86% of first time homeowners reported being satisfied or very satisfied with their decision to buy their own home.