What is an Auto Refinance?
An auto refinance is the process of applying for a new auto loan to pay off your existing auto loan, hopefully with a better interest rate and better terms. If your credit score has improved or if interest rates have gone down since you first financed your car, refinancing your auto loan could lower your monthly payment and save you thousands of dollars over the life of your loan.
Ready to refinance your vehicle?Call 888-546-5339
- Auto Refinance
- An auto refinance is the process of applying for a new auto loan to pay off your existing auto loan, hopefully with a better interest rate and better... <a href='/glossary/what-is-auto-refinance' title='See the full definition of Auto Refinance'>read more</a>
- Cash Back Auto Refinance
- Cash back auto refinances could give you cash when you refinance your loan, however, you'll want to make sure you are lowering your interest rate (and... <a href='/glossary/what-is-cash-back-auto-refinance' title='See the full definition of Cash Back Auto Refinance'>read more</a>
- Upside Down Car Loan
- An upside down car loan is a situation in which you owe more on your car than it's worth. <a href='/glossary/what-is-upside-down-car-loan' title='See the full definition of Upside Down Car Loan'>read more</a>
- Vehicle Appraisal
- A vehicle appraisal determines how much money your car is currently worth. <a href='/glossary/what-is-vehicle-appraisal' title='See the full definition of Vehicle Appraisal'>read more</a>
Save Money On Your Auto Loan
If you're struggling with your car payments or just hoping to save some money on your auto loan, now could be a great time to refinance your current auto loan.
By refinancing, you'll receive a new car loan with a lower interest rate and lower monthly payments. If you keep the term the same, you could save thousands over the life of the loan. You can also choose to extend your term to get your monthly payments even lower, but keep in mind this could cause you to pay more money in interest over the life of the loan. Estimate your auto refinance with our auto refinance calculator to see if you can save money by refinancing. Whatever you're looking for, let LendingTree help you find opportunities to save on your car loan.
Car Loan Refinance Rates
|36 Months||APR2.24%||Interest Rate2.24%||Loan Amount$9,500||Monthly Payment$273|
|48 Months||APR2.24%||Interest Rate2.24%||Loan Amount$12,500||Monthly Payment$272|
|60 Months||APR1.99%||Interest Rate1.99%||Loan Amount$37,711||Monthly Payment$661|
Frequently Asked Questions›
- Meaning Of Refinancing An Auto Loan
What does it mean to refinance an auto loan?
To refinance an auto loan means to take out a new car loan to pay off the old one. The main reason someone would want to refinance their auto loan is because they can get a better rate or term than their current loan offers. If your credit score has improved, for example, you may qualify for much better rates now than when you first got your auto loan. This could save you hundreds of dollars over the life of the loan. To see if a refinance would benefit you, comparison shop auto refinance lenders on LendingTree.
- The Basics Of Car Refinancing
What is refinancing a car loan?
Refinancing a car loan means taking out a new auto loan to pay off your existing one. If you can get a lower interest rate or better loan terms, a refinance could benefit you. Use LendingTree's auto refinance calculator to see if refinancing your car loan makes sense in your situation. If it does, comparison shop different lenders on LendingTree.
- Opportune Times To Refinance Your Car
When should you refinance your car?
If you've made several on-time payments, your credit rating has improved, and/or interest rates have gone down since you purchased your car, it could be a good time for you to refinance your car. While there is no set "rule" on when you should refinance your car, if you think you can get a better rate and save money, it's worth looking into. To get the best rate possible on your auto refinance, make sure to comparison shop different lenders on LendingTree. LendingTree will match you with lenders that can meet your individual car refinancing needs.
- Define Car Loan
What is a car loan?
A car loan allows you to purchase a vehicle, new or used, without having to come up with the cash up front. Instead of paying one lump sum, you borrow money from a lender (such as a bank, credit union, online lender or the car dealership's financing department) and pay them back in monthly installments. You are charged interest on your car loan, which is how the lender makes money. To get the best rate on your car loan, comparison shop different lenders on LendingTree.