LendingTree is compensated by companies on this site and this compensation may impact how and where offers appear on this site (such as the order). LendingTree does not include all lenders, savings products, or loan options available in the marketplace.
Honda Financing Deals
Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. It may not have been reviewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners.
Honda financing at a glance
Best for: Those who want to buy or lease a Honda
0.00% APR and up
from 24 to 72 months
|Get Free Quotes|
If you’re interested in buying a Honda, check out the incentives that Honda Financial Services (HFS) frequently offers. The best Honda finance deals vary depending on your location and your credit. It’s possible to apply online so you’ll know if you’re approved before you head to the dealership.
Honda financing options
Honda offers financing on new, used and certified preowned (CPO) Hondas.
Buying a Honda
Honda Financial Services offers auto loans with 0% APR financing and loan terms that range from 24 to 72 months. To qualify for Honda financing, you generally need at least a 610 credit score, but the best deals, including 0% financing, are typically reserved for those with excellent credit. Low APRs aren’t just for new vehicles though — certified preowned (CPO) Hondas may qualify, too.
Honda even allows customers to get preapproved online. We recommend that you get at least one other preapproval from another lender so you have a baseline to compare.
Leasing a Honda
A big draw of new car leasing is that it typically provides a low payment on a new vehicle.
But there are some cons: In a 36-month (three-year) lease, you pay for about half the vehicle’s value even though you use less than half the vehicle’s life span. Here’s some information if you’re undecided on leasing versus buying.
Honda offers a range of leasing terms from 24 to 60 months and 12,000 or 15,000 annual miles. Excess mileage on vehicles with an original MSRP of $30,000 or less can be charged up to $0.15 per mile; over $30,000, $0.20 per mile. At the end of the lease, you could turn in your Honda, trade it in or buy it. You may find loyalty rewards if you want to buy or lease another Honda.
Honda financing deals and rebates
Most automakers, including Honda, use low financing offers and rebates to help sell vehicles. Deals rotate to different models largely based on supply and demand. Advertised offers are typically good for 30 days from the date of their announcement, after which they may change.
- 0% APR or low-APR financing: Honda frequently offers low-APR and 0% APR financing deals. The catch is that a high credit score is required to qualify.
- Cash rebate: The value of a Honda cash rebate will vary depending on the specific offer, but it could be in the hundreds or the thousands. Cash rebates may or may not be combinable with other deals.
- Military discount: Honda offers a $500 military appreciation rebate to members of the U.S. armed forces who are active, honorably discharged, retired or on disability, and their spouses.
- College Graduate Rebate: You could qualify for this $500 rebate if you graduated from college within the last two years or will graduate within the next six months.
- Mobility Assistance Program: Honda offers up to a $1,000 reimbursement for the purchase and installation of qualified adaptive equipment that is approved by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Loyalty benefits: If you purchase or lease a new Honda or Acura vehicle within 30 days of turning in a lease, you may receive a waiver of up to $1,000 for any excessive wear and use or damage.
Pros and cons of Honda financing
| Convenience. Going with Honda financing can make car shopping a one-stop shop.
Preapproval. Honda financing offers online preapprovals.
0% financing. Honda offers low-APR and 0.00% APR financing and rebate deals on its vehicles.
| Honda dealerships only. A Honda finance offer is only good at a Honda dealership.
Offers change frequently. Honda rebates and low-APR deals can change every month, so a deal may not be around for long.
Alternatives to Honda financing
We always recommend that you apply to more than one lender and that you walk into the dealership with a preapproved auto loan so you can have better negotiating power.
|Lender||Honda financing||Bank Of America||LightStream|
*with autopay option
Bank Of America
Bank of America offers all types of car loans, including new, used, private purchase, lease buyout and refinance. And it doesn’t advertise a minimum credit score requirement.
All of the loans LightStream offers are unsecured, so there are no restrictions on car make or model, or dealership. The potential con is that LightStream prefers good credit or better (FICO 660+).
Honda financing FAQ
Does Honda offer 0% financing?
Yes, Honda does offer 0% financing. Such deals, however, are only available for a limited time and are only on certain models. Check the Honda website to see which deals are available on which models.
What is the Honda financing rate?
Honda’s financing rates start at 0% APR and up.
What credit score do you need for Honda financing?
Honda does not specify a minimum credit score requirement. You typically need a 610 credit score or higher to qualify for financing with an automaker.
Is there a Honda Financial Services app?
Honda Financial Services does not have a smartphone app. However, you could make payments on your Honda online on your phone.