LendingTree is compensated by companies on this site and this compensation may impact how and where offers appear on this site (such as the order). LendingTree does not include all lenders, savings products, or loan options available in the marketplace.
Chrysler Capital Review
Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. It may not have been reviewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners.
Chrysler Capital at a glance
Best for: Those who want to buy or lease a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat, Ram or Alpha Romeo vehicle
0.00% APR and up
Up to 84 months
|Get Free Quotes|
Chrysler Capital is the financing arm of the auto manufacturer that makes several brands of vehicles: Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat, Ram and Alpha Romeo. If you’re interested in one of those brands, you’d apply to Chrysler Capital to see if you qualify for any of the rebates or special financing deals available. You typically need high credit to qualify for APR deals, but you may not need to finance through Chrysler to receive some rebates, such as the retail bonus cash rebates.
How Chrysler Capital works
Chrysler Capital offers car loans on new, used and certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicles in the Chrysler brand family. If you’d like to get Jeep financing, Dodge financing, Ram financing, etc., from the manufacturer, you’ll apply to Chrysler Capital. When you have a Chrysler auto loan offer, you could potentially use it at any brand of Chrysler’s dealerships. Like with any lender, you won’t know your exact rate and terms until you apply.
- Rates may start as low as 0.00% APR
- Terms range up to 84 months
- Leasing is available
Chrysler Capital leases
Chrysler Capital offers leasing on all of its new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Fiat vehicles. Leasing terms range from 24 to 48 months (two to four years) with annual mileage options of 10,000; 12,000 and 15,000. At the end of the lease, you could purchase the vehicle with cash or a lease buyout loan, return the car, or trade it in for another Chrysler vehicle and take advantage of loyalty rewards, including a waived disposition fee. Here’s more on leasing vs. buying.
Chrysler manages all the warranties for its brands under the company Mopar. Most vehicles have two main types of warranties. A basic warranty covers most things on the car: a powertrain warranty covers the engine, transmission and drive axle.
- 3-year, 36,000-mile, basic, “bumper-to-bumper” warranty
- 5-year, 60,000-mile, powertrain warranty
The warranty starts from the day the first person buys the car for the first time. So if you purchase a Chrysler that’s one year old with 12,000 miles on it, you have two years, 24,000 miles left on the basic warranty. Extended warranties add time and miles to this coverage. CPO cars also come with longer warranties.
Chrysler certified pre-owned
A certified pre-owned vehicle, sometimes called a CPO or CPOV, is a used car that meets normally strict manufacturer requirements of age, mileage and condition, and comes with an increased warranty. Chrysler-manufactured CPOs have to pass a 125-point inspection to qualify for CPO status and come with the increased benefits of a 7-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty; three-month, 3,000-mile “maximum care coverage;” and 24-hour towing and roadside assistance.
Pros and cons of Chrysler Capital
|Convenience. Obtaining a Chrysler loan while you’re at a Chrysler dealer could make car shopping a one-stop shop.||Chrysler dealerships only. A Chrysler Capital offer is only good for a Chrysler-brand model purchased from a Chrysler-brand dealer.|
|Preapproval. You could apply online for a Chrysler Capital loan and know what you qualify for before you head to a dealership.|
Chrysler financing deals
- 0% APR or low-APR financing. Chrysler frequently offers low-APR and 0% APR financing deals on its models. High credit scores are required to qualify.
- Cash Allowance. Chrysler customers may be able to combine a few types of cash rebates, including retail bonus cash, retail consumer cash and Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash. The “retail cash” rebates do not require buyers to finance through Chrysler Capital, but the Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash rebate does. The actual cash value of any rebate depends on the specific offer.
- Military Cash. Worth $500, you could qualify for Chrysler military cash if you are a member of US military personnel who is active, active reserve, retired military reserve or an honorably discharged veteran within 12 months of your discharge date.
- First Responders Bonus. Members of law enforcement, fire and EMT organizations may qualify for a $500 first responders bonus cash rebate.
- Mobility Assist. Chrysler offers up to $1,000 reimbursement on the purchase of qualified adaptive equipment, including running boards and alerting devices.
- Affiliate Rewards. Current and retired employees of Chrysler partners and suppliers can buy or lease a new Chrysler vehicle for a price that’s 1% below dealer invoice. You can find out whether your company is eligible here.
How to qualify for Chrysler financing
You’ll need to show that you have appropriate income to make the loan payments. The best deals are reserved for those with high FICO Scores. You could check your credit score here.
When applying for a car loan, you’ll need
- Personal information: Name, contact details, date of birth, Social Security number
- Residence information: Address, length of residency, whether you rent or own, what the rent or mortgage payment is
- Income information: Gross annual income, employer name and contact details
Alternatives to Chrysler Capital
|Lender||Chrysler||Bank of America||LightStream|
|Starting APR||0.00%||4.99%||5.99% (with AutoPay)|
|Terms (months)||up to 84||48–72||24–84*|
Bank of America
Bank of America is a well-known national lender that offers all types of car loans, including new, used, private purchase, lease buyout and refinance. Many people prefer the convenience of banks as they are able to provide a one-stop place to bank, invest and borrow.
An online lender and a division of Truist, LightStream holds no restrictions on the make, model, age or mileage of the car and offers very competitive rates. If you have good credit or better, a LightStream offer might be one worth getting before you to the dealership. (*Payment example: Monthly payments for a $10,000 loan at 3.99% APR with a term of 3 years would result in 36 monthly payments of $295.20.)