Jeep Financing Deals and Review
|Starting at 0% APR and up||Loan terms from 12 to 72 months|
As part of Jeep’s parent company, Chrysler Capital offers financing on new, used and certified pre-owned (CPO) Jeep models. The automaker regularly advertises rebates, financing deals and lease specials. And while the best Jeep financing deals require buyers to be well qualified, you may still be able to secure a loan for your future Jeep with little to no credit.
In this article, we’ll discuss…
How Jeep financing works
Because Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) owns the Jeep brand, Jeep manufacturer financing is available through Chrysler Capital. Originally, Chrysler Capital was the in-house financing arm of the manufacturer — however, it is now part of Santander Consumer USA, a large U.S. auto lender that, by itself, specializes in subprime car loans.
There’s no stated minimum required credit score to apply for a Jeep auto loan, though the average credit score of a Jeep buyer in 2020 was 673. If you don’t know your credit score, you can check it on LendingTree.
Buying a Jeep
Through Chrysler Capital, Jeep financing rates can start at 0% APR; loan terms range from 12 to 72 months.
You can apply for a preapproval directly with Chrysler Capital, though you should make sure to get at least one other offer from a lender you trust. And don’t worry about multiple applications dinging your credit score — the three main U.S. credit bureaus allow a 14-day window of time for consumers to rate shop. As such, it won’t hurt your credit score to apply to several lenders any more than it does to apply to one as long as you do all applications within two weeks.
Leasing a Jeep
Leasing can allow you to drive a new Jeep without a huge payment. Arguably the best part of leasing is the typically low monthly payment, though there are some cons. As an example, with a 36-month (three-year) lease, you’ll pay for about half the vehicle’s value even though you use less than half the vehicle’s life span.
Here’s more on leasing versus buying.
Jeep financing deals
- 0% or low APR. If you qualify, you may be able to score an exceedingly low APR Jeep financing deal.
- Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash. You must qualify for Chrysler Capital financing in order to receive this type of rebate, which can be worth over $1,000 and may be used in conjunction with a low APR incentive.
- Cash Allowances. You won’t have to meet a credit requirement to qualify for this type of incentive, which can be worth a few thousand dollars. This includes national retail consumer cash and regional bonus cash.
- Military bonus cash. Active, reserve, retired and honorably discharged veterans within 12 months of their discharge date are eligible for $500 Military Bonus Cash.
- First responders incentives. First Responders, including law enforcement, firefighters and EMTs, are eligible for $500 bonus cash.
- DriveAbility. Customers who have permanent disabilities can get up to a $1,000 cash reimbursement for the purchase and installation of adaptive vehicle equipment for new vehicles.
Pros and cons of Jeep financing
Convenience. Applying online or at a dealership can make car shopping a one-stop shop.
0% financing and rebates. Depending on location, supply and demand and your credit, you may be able to score a deal.
Only available at Chrysler dealerships. A Chrysler Capital offer is only good at a dealership that is a Chrysler-owned brand.
Offers change frequently. Rebates and low-APR deals can change every month, so a deal may not be around for long.
Alternatives to Jeep financing
Alternatively, you could get an auto loan directly from your bank or credit union; Jeep dealers welcome third-party financing. We always recommend that you apply to more than one lender and that you walk into the dealership with a preapproved auto loan so you can have better negotiating power.