LendingTree is compensated by companies on this site and this compensation may impact how and where offers appear on this site (such as the order). LendingTree does not include all lenders, savings products, or loan options available in the marketplace.
Kia Financing Deals
Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. It may not have been reviewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners.
Kia financing at a glance
Best for: Those who want to buy or lease a Kia
0.00% APR and up
Up to 84 months
Up to 48 months
|Get Free Quotes|
Kia Motors Finance (KMF) is the lending arm of the manufacturer, offering financing, rebates and low-APR deals on its vehicles for both loans and leases. Advertised rates for Kia finance can start as low as 0.00% APR but typically require a high credit score to qualify. You may be able to qualify for other incentives, such as the Kia military discount, without financing through KMF.
How Kia finance works
Kia finance offers car loans on its new, used and certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicles. You could apply for Kia financing online or at a dealership. If you obtain a KMF offer, you could take it to any Kia dealership, but you couldn’t use it at another brand of car dealership, such as Ford.
- Loan terms. The maximum loan term Kia finance offers is 84 months, but that is available on a limited basis. Kia loan terms of 72 months (6 years) and 75 months (6 years and 3 months) are more accessible.
- Lease terms. Kia leasing terms range from 24-48 months with annual mileage options of 10,000 to 25,000
The biggest benefit of leasing a car is that it allows for lower monthly payments. And at the end of the lease, you could return, purchase or replace the car. But there are some downsides. In a 36-month (three-year) lease, you pay for about half the vehicle’s value even though you use less than half the vehicle’s lifespan. Here’s more on leasing vs. buying.
A Kia payment calculator
If you’re wondering what your Kia payment will be, use this auto loan calculator to see.
Kia finance deals and rebates
Kia finance uses low financing offers and rebates to help sell vehicles. Deals rotate to different models based on ZIP code and time of year, supply and demand. Offers are usually good for a month, after which they may change. You may not need to apply through Kia finance to receive some rebates, such as the military discount.
- 0% APR or low-APR financing. Kia frequently offers low-APR and 0% APR financing deals on its models. High credit scores are required to qualify.
- Cash rebate. The value of a Kia cash rebate depends on the specific offer but it could be in the hundreds or the thousands. It may or may not be combinable with other deals.
- Military discount. Worth $400, the Kia military discount applies to members of the U.S. armed forces who are active, honorably discharged, retired or on disability, and their spouses.
- College Graduate Rebate. You could qualify for this $400 rebate if you graduated within the last 12 months from an accredited institution.
- Mobility Assistance Program. Kia offers up to $750 of reimbursement on the purchase and installation of qualified adaptive equipment, including ramps, handlebars and electronics to press gas and brake pedals.
- First-time buyer program. If you have never financed a car before, Kia’s first-time buyer program could help you to get a car loan. However there are still qualification metrics, such as income level.
KIA WARRANTIES AND ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
- 5-year, 60,000-mile, basic or “bumper-to-bumper” warranty for all new vehicles
- 5-year, 60,000-mile, roadside assistance program
- 10-year, 100,000-mile, powertrain warranty on the engine, transmission and drive axle
How to qualify for Kia finance
To get a Kia loan, you’ll need to at minimum show that you have enough income to make the loan payments. The best deals are reserved for those with high FICO Scores. You could check your credit score here.
When applying for a car loan, you’ll need
- Personal information: Name, contact details, date of birth, Social Security number
- Residence information: Address, length of residency, whether you rent or own, what the rent or mortgage payment is
- Income information: Gross annual income, employer name and contact details
Pros and cons of Kia finance
|0% APR. If you have great credit and can qualify for the deal, 0% APR is hard to beat.||Kia dealerships only. A Kia finance offer is only good at a Kia dealership.|
|Convenience. Obtaining a KMF loan at a Kia dealer could make car shopping a one-stop shop.||Offers change monthly. Kia changes its rebates and low financing offers every month, so a deal may not be around for long.|
Alternatives to Kia finance
We always recommended that you apply to more than one lender and that you walk into the dealership with a preapproved auto loan so you can have better negotiating power.
|Lender||Kia Finance||Bank of America||LightStream|
|APR||0.00%||4.99%||5.99% (with AutoPay)|
|Terms (months)||up to 84||48–72||24–84*|
BANK OF AMERICA
Bank of America offers all types of secured car loans, including new, used, private purchase, lease buyout and refinance. Many people prefer national banks as lenders for convenience as customers are able to do banking, investing and lending in one place.
LightStream is an online lender that offers all types of unsecured car loans. There are no restrictions on the make, model, age or mileage of the car and LightStream offers very competitive rates. If you have good credit or better, a LightStream offer might be one worth taking with you to the dealership when you go shopping. (*Payment example: Monthly payments for a $10,000 loan at 3.99% APR with a term of 3 years would result in 36 monthly payments of $295.20.)