CashCall Mortgage Review
CashCall Mortgage at a glance
| Lender rating: 4.5 out of 5
Minimum credit score: 580 to 620
Minimum down payment: 0% to 3.5%
Available loan products and programs: Conventional, FHA, VA, jumbo, HELOCs
Available in 41 states plus the District of Columbia
Updates rates daily for multiple mortgage products
Loan programs available for self-employed and commission-based borrowers
No adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs) or home equity loans
No specific programs for first-time homebuyers
No branch locations for clients to visit
CashCall Mortgage is based in California-based lender and part of Impac Mortgage Holdings, which acquired CashCall in 2015. Even though it’s a wholly owned subsidiary, CashCall Mortgage still retains its name and branding, offering mortgages in 41 states plus the District of Columbia.
CashCall Mortgage products
- Fixed-rate mortgages with 10-, 15-, 20- and 30-year terms
- High-balance loan amounts are available with 15- and 30-year terms
- ARMs and conventional refinancing aren’t available
- Typical conventional mortgage requirements include a 3% down payment and a 620 credit score
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loans are available in 30-year terms
- 580 minimum credit score and 3.5% minimum down payment required
- 30-year and 15-year mortgages backed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) are available, including high-balance loans up to $765,600
- General VA loan requirements include a 0% down payment and 620 credit score
- 30-year fixed-rate jumbo loans are available up to $3 million
Home equity lines of credit (HELOCs) are available to borrowers with a credit score of at least 700.
- Investment property loans are available to empower real estate investors and house-flippers
- CashCall offers a bank statement program designed for self-employed borrowers
- The 1099 earner program is made for homebuyers who are independent contractors or have commission-based incomes
CashCall Mortgage rates and fees
CashCall discloses the rates for most of its products online. If you are wooed by the rates and take out a mortgage with CashCall, you’ll pay a $995 origination fee. Other fees, including private mortgage insurance (PMI) could apply, depending on your situation.
|Mortgage rates published online?
|Rate information updated daily or weekly?
|Lender fees disclosed?
CashCall Mortgage’s application experience
You can apply to CashCall Mortgage online. Once you click the “Apply Now” button on the website, you’ll choose between the purchase and refinance options. If you’d rather call the lender instead of filling out forms yourself, you have the option to give them a ring and potentially speed up the application process.
To complete an application either way, you’ll answer questions about the home you want to buy or refinance and your personal details. You may be asked to provide paystubs and other documents. After you submit your answers and paperwork, a loan officer will review everything and may extend an offer. Here’s a guide on the entire mortgage process if you’d like an overview.
CashCall Mortgage’s customer service experience
You can contact CashCall Mortgage by email at [email protected] and by phone at 866-708-5626, which is available 24/7 for new customers and applicants. There’s also a live chat option available during business hours.
If you need to fax any documents for your application, the fax number is 866-698-3225. Once you apply for a loan, the specific customer service line is 866-579-2962.
At any point, if you have complaints, you can email [email protected]. CashCall states that you’ll typically receive a response within 24 hours.
How does CashCall Mortgage compare to other lenders?
|Minimum credit score
|580 to 620
|620 to 650
|580 to 620
|Minimum down payment
|0% to 3.5%
|0% to 3.5%
|0% to 3%
|Loan products and programs
How we rated CashCall Mortgage
LendingTree’s mortgage lender rating is based on a five-point scoring system that factors in several features, including digital application processes, available loan products and the accessibility of product and lending information.
LendingTree’s editorial team calculates each rating based on a review of information available on the lender’s website. Lenders receive a half point on the “offers standard mortgage products” criterion if they offer only two of the three standard loan programs (conventional, FHA and VA). In some cases, additional information was provided by a lender representative.
CashCall Mortgage’s scorecard: 4.5/5
Publishes rates online
Offers standard mortgage products
Includes detailed product info online
⭕ Shares resources about mortgage lending
Provides an online application