How to Find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor
QuickBooks is a powerful accounting program for small businesses, but if you need support using the software you may want to find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor to help. A QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor is a certified professional who can help you manage your business’s accounting needs. This guide breaks down what that means, when you might need one and how to find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for your growing business.
What is a QuickBooks ProAdvisor?
A QuickBooks ProAdvisor is an independent accounting professional who’s been certified by Intuit — QuickBooks’ parent company — as an expert on how to use QuickBooks. They’re able to manage finances on QuickBooks and provide advice on how best to use the accounting software in your own business.
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software available for small businesses because it allows you to easily track your business income and expenses, generate invoices, record transactions, run financial reports, prepare your business taxes and more. While it brings all of these important accounting tasks in one place, some business owners may not have the time or desire to manage all these duties on their own. A QuickBooks ProAdvisor can take some accounting tasks off your plate.
When do you need a QuickBooks ProAdvisor?
You might need a QuickBooks ProAdvisor if any of the following scenarios sound familiar:
- You’re busy running your business and don’t have time to manage your accounting tasks, like payroll.
- You’d like to handle your accounting tasks yourself but need help understanding QuickBooks.
- You’re looking for a one-on-one QuickBooks explainer or refresher.
- You’d like to outsource certain accounting responsibilities to a professional, whether on an ongoing or one-time basis.
- You want access to an accounting professional who can provide guidance.
- You’re looking for financial advice for your business.
How to find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor
You can find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor with a search tool on Intuit’s site. Here’s a few tips to keep in mind as you conduct your search:
- Define your search criteria. After entering your ZIP code, you can further refine your search by specifying your service needs, industry and QuickBooks products your business uses. You may find local experts who fit your needs.
- Read client reviews. This is an important step because it can give you an idea of how this person works. Pay attention to what their ratings are and what past customers to say about working with them.
- Schedule a consultation. You can reach out to QuickBooks ProAdvisors directly through the search platform to schedule a consultation. Your inquiry can include questions about their rate and if they prefer to work remotely or in-person.
- Ask questions. During your free consultation, ask about the QuickBook ProAdvisor’s knowledge of your industry and if they have experience providing support for the services you need. You’ll also want to clarify how they will bill you for their services.
Alternate places to find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor
You don’t need to feel limited to Intuit’s search tool to find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Here are a few other places tocan cast a wider net:
- QuickBooks Live: QuickBooks Live is a monthly subscription service for QuickBooks Online members. You’re paired with a bookkeeper who provides bookkeeping over a video call. Live Bookkeeping starts at $200 per month, plus an initial $500 “cleanup fee.”
- LinkedIn: Leverage LinkedIn’s search tool to find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. After reading through their profile, take it a step further by visiting their website (if they have one) and searching for their online reviews. You can also tap your LinkedIn network by asking around for recommended QuickBooks ProAdvisors. Someone might offer a referral.
- Indeed: Job sites like Indeed might prove to be a good resource to find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Indeed allows you to create a free job posting which you can use to find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Your posting will get better search results if you pay to optimize it, however. This could cost as little as $5 a day and may help you attract the right candidate.
- Local business groups: Look to local business organizations in your area for leads. Networking events through a nearby Small Business Development Center (SBDC) or Chamber of Commerce, for example, could provide a connection. You might also be able to post on these groups’ social media pages to see if anyone can recommend a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Another option is tapping any industry network groups you belong to for bookkeeper referrals who understand your industry.
Frequently asked questions
How much does a Quickbooks ProAdvisor charge?
Rates will also vary depending on where you live and how much experience the person has. As of May 10, 2022, the national average hourly rate is $21, according to ZipRecruiter. However, it can range from $11 to over $40.
How do I find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor near me?
You can find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor by using Intuit’s search tool and filter so that you’re only focusing on local professionals. You can also do the same through sites like LinkedIn and Indeed. Groups for local business professionals could also provide referrals from your local network.